This week has been super exciting on the Mixed Reality team. We announced a preview of Hubs by Mozilla and shipped out a new version of the Unity WebVR exporter tool.
This week we are still focusing on building Firefox Reality to make it the best possible experience:
- Integrated the internal UI design across Android platforms
- Implemented tray and clicks across Android platforms
- Improved controller API to handle the following: multiple controllers, left/right hands and use of remote controller & HMD head tracking input on platforms that support it (Oculus & ODG).
We’re really excited to announce an experimental preview of Hubs by Mozilla.
We just submitted v1.3.0 of the Unity WebVR exporter tool and it’s going to make your life easier with these two new features:
- Ability to handle inbound auto-VR presentation for link traversal, to be able to navigate/transport between Unity and A-Frame experiences.
- Creating a URL to link directly into Unity scenes and give users the ability to launch Unity games that previously had to be downloaded, installed and launched.
Stay tuned next week for more developments across our three broad areas!